1. I can’t give you a cast-iron guarantee.
我不敢打保票。
?cast-iron 鑄鐵的,堅固的,嚴格的
e.g. a cast-iron stomach 鐵打的胃,不論吃什么吃多少都沒事的胃
2. Tell me the unvarnished truth.
實話實說。
3. Stop fudging the issue.
不要回避問題。
4. I have to race against time.
我得搶時間。
?race against time 和時間賽跑,爭分奪秒,爭取時間
5. Who is the moving spirit?
誰是策劃者?
?moving spirit 策劃人, 策動人, 倡導者
6. I can drink them under the table.
我能把他們喝趴下。
?drink someone under the table 把某人灌醉
e.g. I knew they wanted to drink me under the table, but I sticked to my limits. 我知道他們想把我灌醉了,可是我就是不喝過量的酒。
7. My heart was palpitating with fear.
我害怕得心砰砰直跳。
8. Preserve your sanity.
保持理智。
9. I won’t let her slip through my fingers.
我不會錯過這么好的女孩。
?slip through one's fingers 從某人指縫中溜掉;錯過(機會)
e.g. Don't let your life slip through your fingers by living in the past or for the future. 別讓你的生命總在依戀過去種種或是寄望未來中逝去。
10. It’s my pride and joy.
它是我的精神寄托。
?pride and joy 最讓人引以為傲的,感到驕傲和高興的人(事或物)