1. We never condone violence.
對暴力我們絕不姑息。
2. I prefer to live in a world of my own.
我喜歡活在自己的世界里。
?live in 住進,住在(某地); 存在于…; 為…而生存
e.g. They decided to emigrate to the U.S. to live in New York. 他們決定移至美國,居住在紐約。
3. There’s a time and place.
總得分場合啊。
4. Don’t put all your goods in the window.
不要鋒芒畢露。
5. You can’t bend people to your will.
你不能把意志強加于人。
?bend sb. to one's will 把自己的意志強加于某人身上;強使某人服從自己的意志
impose one's will on sb. 也有同樣的意思。
?bend to 屈服于,服從
e.g. I will bend to your wishes,and will not follow my original plans. 我會服從你的意愿而放棄我原來的打算。
6. You should take the pills on an empty stomach.
藥得空腹吃。
?on an empty stomach 空腹時,餓肚子,絕食
e.g. You'd better not drink milk on an empty stomach. 你最好不要在空腹時喝牛奶。
7. It’s a real body blow.
這真是沉痛的一擊。
?body blow 重擊,慘敗,大失所望
e.g. His resignation was a body blow to the team. 他的辭職是對該團隊的一個嚴重打擊。
8. I’m loath to do it.
我實在不想干。
9. You’ve made your point abundantly clear.
你的意思我很清楚。
10. You better have a booster.
你最好打一劑加強針。