1. Don’t look at the world through dark glasses.
別那么悲觀。
?我們應(yīng)該 Look at the world through rose-coloured glasses. 對萬事要樂觀。
2. You're not aware of the seamy side of life.
你還沒有見到社會的陰暗面。
?the seamy side of life 人生的黑暗面
e.g. The seamy side of life includes crime and other evils. 生活的陰暗面包括犯罪和其它邪惡事情。
3. Stop equivocating.
別模棱兩可的。
4. I’m a glutton for books.
我愛書如命。
5. Her face is her fortune.
她全仗著那張臉蛋兒。
6. How did you fare in the test?
你考的怎么樣?
7. My girlfriend can be very erratic.
我女朋友忽冷忽熱的。
8. You have a skin like a rhinoceros.
你臉皮夠厚。
9. You egged me on.
是你鼓動我干的。
?egg作動詞時,有“煽動,慫恿”的意思。
egg on 鼓勵,鼓動,慫恿,煽動,挑唆
egg sb. on 慫恿某人
e.g. He egged her on to throw a stone through the window. 他慫恿她扔一塊石頭打破窗戶。
10. He’s no oil painting but his girlfriends are legion!
他相貌平平,女朋友卻一大堆!
?no oil painting 形容其貌不揚或丑陋的東西