A:Hi. Bob! We've been working hard at our lessons for a fortnight. So why don't we take it easy this weekend?
喂,鮑布!這兩周來我們一直在忙于學習。這個周末我們放松一下怎么樣?
B:Okay! What do you suggest?
好的,你有什么主意?
A:How about seeing a play? I hear Hamlet is on at the National Theater.
去看一場戲怎么樣?我聽說國家劇院在上演《哈姆雷特》。
B:Is that so? Why not?
真的嗎?為什么不呢?
A:(looking at a newspaper)Oh, dear me! There's no performance at the National theater this weekend. So we have to go to cinema instead.
(一邊看著報紙)哦,真糟糕!這個周末國家劇院沒有演出,因此我們只好看電影了。
B:What's on?
放什么電影?
A:Let me see..um. Gone With the Wind. It is on at six cinemas on Saturday night.
讓我看一看...嗯,《亂世佳人》。周六晚上有六家電影院在放。
B:That sounds interesting. Which is the nearest?
聽起來不錯。最近的是哪一家電影院?
A:Ah. The Royal, I think.
啊,我想是皇家電影院。
B:What time does it start?
什么時候開始?
A:Why don't we go to the 7:30 show? It is convenient to us, I think.
不如我們?nèi)タ?:30那一場吧?我想這個時間很適合我們。
A:But we won't have enough time for dinner.
可我們沒有足夠的時間吃飯啊。
B:Do you want to go to the earlier or the later show?
那你要看早一點的還是晚一點的?
A:Ah...I fancy going to the later show.
嗯...我想看晚一點的。
B:Then, there's a 9:30 show.
那就看九點半的那一場吧。
A:That's Okay, I think.
我想可以吧。
B:All right.
好吧。