M:Did you hear about Joe? She hasn't eaten for days.
你聽說喬的事了嗎?她已經(jīng)幾天沒有吃東西了。
F:Why? What's eating her?
為什么?有什么事困擾她嗎?
M:Love sick. You know who she's in love with?
害相思病。你知道她喜歡上誰了嗎?
F:I don't have the slightest idea.
我完全沒頭緒。
M:Someone you're living with.
和你住在一起的人。
F:What? Not my Dad, I hope!?
什么?我希望不會是我爸爸吧!?
M:Come on, Mary, it's your brother, Jack.
拜托,瑪莉,是你哥杰克。
F:No kidding! Jack is such a log! He's never dated a girl.
別開玩笑了,杰克是個呆子。他從來沒有和女孩子約過會。
M:The problem with Joe is that she's too shy to tell him.
問題是,喬她太害羞了,不敢告訴杰克。
F:And the problem with Jack is that he seems to have no interest in girls. He's putting his heart into his stamp collection.
而杰克的問題是,他對女孩子好像沒有興趣,他迷上集郵了。
M:Well, if you want to help your friend, you should do something about it.
不過,如果你想幫幫朋友,就做做你哥哥的工作吧!