A:Hello, Anna speaking!
你好,我是安娜。
B:Hey, Anna, this is Jason.
嘿,安娜,我是詹森。
A:Jason, where have you been hiding lately? You know it's been a long time since your last call. Have you been good?
詹森!你最近躲到哪里去了?你知道,從上次打電話到現在已經好久了,最近好不好?
B:Yes. How are you, Anna?
很好,你怎么樣,安娜?
A:I am fine. What have you been doing?
我很好,最近你忙什么呢?
B:Working. I've been really busy these days. I got a promotion.
工作。這些天我特忙,我升職了。
A:That's great, congratulations!
太好了,恭喜恭喜!
B:Thanks. I am feeling pretty good about myself too. You know, bigger office, a raise and even an assistant.
謝謝,我自我感覺也挺良好的。你知道,辦公室大了,加了薪水,甚至還有個助理。
A:That's good. So I guess I'll have to make an appointment to see you.
不錯,我猜我要見你的話得預約了。
B:You are kidding.
開玩笑。
A:How long have you been working there?
你在那家公司干多久了?
B:A bit over two years. This is a fast-moving company, and seniority isn’t the only factor in deciding promotions.
兩年多一點,這是一家發(fā)展很快的公司,資歷在這兒不是決定升職的惟一標準。
A:How do you like your new boss?
你的新老板怎么樣?
B:She is very nice and open-minded.
她人很好,思想也很開明。
A:Much better than the last one, huh?
比上一個好多了,是吧?
B:Yeah. He was a real slave driver. He probably would have loved it if we were robots.
是的,上一個真是個奴隸主,他簡直把我們當機器人了。
A:Forget about him. Come over to my house tonight. Let's get drunk.
忘了他吧,今晚到我家來,咱們一醉方休。
B:Good. Tonight 8 o'clock.
好的,今晚八點。
A:8 it is. See you then.
說定了,回見。
B:Bye.
再見。